Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen Is Dead



Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, has passed on. He died on Monday at the age of 65, following complications arising from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 

On October 1, 2018, Allen had revealed via a tweet that his lymphoma had returned.
The tweet read: "Some personal news: Recently, I learned the non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma I battled in 2009 has returned. I’ve begun treatment & my doctors are optimistic that I will see a good result. Appreciate the support I’ve received & count on it as I fight this challenge."
He founded Microsoft with Bill Gates in 1975, years after the two met as student-colleagues at a private school.
A statement on his passing by Microsoft Chief Executive Officer, Satya Nadella, read: "Paul Allen's contributions to our company our industry, and our community are indispensable. As co-founder of Microsoft, in his own quiet and persistent way, he created magical products, experiences,and institutions, and in doing so, he changed the world".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's what you call an upgrade! Russian billionaire unveils his £260m superyacht which is 300ft high, has eight floors and an underwater observation room - replacing his measly £190m boat